Terms & Conditions
WHAT IS ROKCORE
Company profile & Policies
Company Address: 30 Radford Way, Billericay, Essex, CM12 0DX
Telephone: 01277 624 853
Company Registration and Technical Details
Registrations: Registrar of Companies for England & Wales
Company Number: 10834886
Employers Liability: 10,000,000
Public Liability Insurance Limit of indemnity: 2,000,000
Product Liability Insurance: 2,000,000
Policy Number: LR/5326290P
Health, Safety and Welfare
It is the policy of MK Billericay Ltd T/a My Gym Billericay [hereafter known as My Gym] to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of any persons who may be affected by his undertakings.
Although My Gym does not have to have written policies under current company health and safety legislation, we are happy to make the following commitments in order to achieve an accident-free workplace.
My Gym will endeavour to:
- Provide and maintain safe working environments without risk to health and safety
- Set standards that comply with all relevant statutory requirements relating to health, safety and the environment with regard to their effect on employees, customers, contractors and the public
- Safeguard client’s employees and others from foreseeable hazards with regard to health, safety or the environment.
- Ensure that when new substances, plant, machinery, equipment, processes or premises are introduced, adequate guidance, instruction and supervision will be provided for safe methods of work
- Aim to achieve the commitment and active involvement of all Clients staff, in order that safety awareness and positive attitudes are fostered and continuous efforts made to improve safety performance
- Ensure that contractors carrying out work are informed of relevant standards; are trained in procedures as necessary; and that systems are established for monitoring compliance, without detracting from the contractors legal responsibilities
- Promote good health and be concerned with the prevention of occupational and non-occupational disorders and diseases.
- Co-operate with appropriate authorities and technical organisations, both to ensure that policies are updated and to contribute to the formulation of standards and means of compliance
- Ensure that these objectives are being fulfilled through auditing activities.
Proprietor : Meera Khalfan
Date: November 2017
RokCore is a boutique Yoga and Pilates Studio. Offering group classes and 121 sessions. We provide classes in a non competitive environment. Clients are encouraged to participate at their own pace and to their own capabilities. RokCore thrives to be a welcoming environment where each member is treated as a unique individual.
Method of Delivery of Mission Statement
RpkCore consists of a Reception Area & Waiting Room with two Rest Room, there is also a small studio room in this area. There is then a corridor which leads to the main studio upstairs.. The largest studio is Studio which has a Store Room attached. There is also two smaller rooms for shoes and bags to be placed before classes start.
This room is equipped with Yoga and Pilates equipment, which is moved around each week. There is a storage room attached to the studio which holds the equipment that is not being used at that time
- A qualified Yoga or Pulates instructor will greet clients into the studio before their class.
- All instructors will screen before the class for any medical problems that may effect practise, so modifications and alternative exercises can be given.
- Classe will always begin with a suitable warm up, the main body of the practise and a suitable cool down.
Specific Health and Safety Management Arrangements
Studio Equipment Maintenance [including Cleaning]
- All equipment that remains out in the activity hall will be subject to a daily inspection regime. (check all safe and in correct position, and not broken or worn)
- All equipment that is taken from storage and used will be subject to a rigorous inspection regime check all safe and in correct position, and not broken or worn before use.
- Daily deep cleaning of welfare facilities will be carried out.
- Standard cleaning of welfare facilities will be carried out according to the use any occasions where cleaning is required as a result of an unplanned incident.
- Deep clean of all the equipment is done every 3 months
Training / Educational Plans
Owner has completed CYQ Level 3 Pilates Mat and Large Equipment Qualifiacations. 200hr Yoga Teacher Training in Ashtanga Vinyasa. Health and Safety and Work Training.
All staff complete a Post Shift: As well as cleaning, all staff review classes that have just been. All safety issues & discipline issues discussed & any problems are documented.
All employees will be on a 3 month probation period
Buildings and Structures
All areas, including storage areas, will be subject to a weekly cleaning regime as a minimum standard.
Those areas which are in either constant use will be subject to a daily cleaning regime as a minimum standard.
Cleaning equipment is made ready for any occasions where cleaning is required as a result of an unplanned incident.
Standard cleaning of welfare facilities will be carried out according to the use any occasions where cleaning is required as a result of an unplanned incident.
All structural areas, including external parts of the building, will be subject to a 6 monthly structure inspection carried out by a member of staff. Any location which in their opinion requires formal review will be brought to the attention of the proprietor who will then arrange for the necessary specialist to attend and advise.
All locations used by our clients daily will be inspected on a daily basis and made ready before the location is opened for business. This inspection will include all necessary services to ensure they are available and in working order.
All fire fighting equipment and provisions will be inspected on a weekly basis to ensure they are in their correct position and they are available for use.
All fire fighting equipment will be inspected by a competent engineer on an annual basis.
All electrical circuits and equipment leading up to a distribution plug will be inspected by a competent engineer every 3 to 5 years according to the recommendations of the engineer.
All portable electrical equipment which falls within the specification of HSE Guidance INDG236(rev2) will be subject to an Electrical Portable Appliance Test [PAT] according to the risk rating of that item of equipment.
We have made arrangements for appointed First Aid Persons to be available “so far as is reasonably practicable” at all times in the building in accordance to the risks we have identified.
The accident file is situated in the main reception and will be completed by the person who administered the first aid or the person who received the first aid. There will also be a record kept by the First Aider of the treatment they gave and any person who assisted them.
We will also ensure the appropriate authorities are notified of any incident that constitutes a notifiable injury, disease or dangerous occurrence in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995.
Accident & Incident Investigation
All activities under the control of RokCore are subject to the requirement of the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 [RIDDOR] should an incident occur. All accidents and incidents will be investigated by RokCore on a NO BLAME basis so as to ease the identification of process failure and systematic breakdown. All appropriate steps will then be taken to prevent recurrence of such incidents.
All RokCore employees are required to cooperate with each other by maintaining processes or systems of work and wearing all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment provided for the activity.
All statutory required items of equipment and PPE will be provided at no cost to the employee / volunteer.
All RokCore employees will be requested to take part in consultation processes to maintain and improve current standards of health, safety and welfare.
All RokCore employees will receive appropriate levels of training according to their duties, the equipment they will operate and the numbers of persons they will supervise.
All employees of the RokCore will:
- Take responsible care of their own health, safety and welfare at work
- Follow any health, safety and welfare rules which apply to their duties.
- Do what is reasonably practicable to ensure that other people, including members of the public, are not put at risk by what their actions or failures.
- Not misuse anything that has been provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare, such as propping open fire doors.
- Not improvise or adapt any equipment so as to use it for a purpose for which it is not designed.
- Report anything that might present a danger to either themselves or anybody else.
No person will be requested to work unsupervised unless they are comfortable to complete the task and have received relevant training. It is recognized that in many cases experience is required when achieving a level of competence. Such experience will be provided under a supervision program carried out by the Management of RokCore .
Consultation and Cooperation
The Management of RokCore m recognises the need for consultation and cooperation and the involvement of everybody to secure and maintain a safe and healthy workplace. We encourage our employees to highlight to us at any time:
- Any shortcoming in the provisions or facilities provided for themselves or visitors
- Any occasions when personal circumstances arise that a management plan is required to facilitate the matter and the workload involved.
Health, safety and welfare are standing items on the agenda of our staff meetings where all members of staff are encouraged to attend.
Regular consultation will also be carried out with our clients to ensure continuity of best practice and client satisfaction.
The nature of our work means that manual handling is part of what we do. All activities carried out by members of staff will be subject to manual handling assessments. These assessments are subsidiary to the main activity risk assessments completed. All actions and control measures will be noted and included in the main risk assessment control risk.
All other staff will be informed as to the extent of their duties when considering manual handling duties, together with the safest way to move equipment.
Not all members of staff will be expected to carry out heavy or complex manual handling duties. All persons who are expected to complete these duties will be trained in the specific techniques required to lift, control, propel or lower the equipment concerned.
Staff are always advised to lift equipment in pairs
A complete Fire Risk Assessment will take place and will be approved by the Fire Services Department
There are sufficient Fire Extinguishers & Fire Exits around the building. A fire plan showing all fire points, locations of high risk and evacuation routes will be made available for reference by staff.
Regular loss adjustment inspections will be carried out by our company Health and Safety Advisor to ensure we are compliant with any legislative and best practice requirements.
RokCore will from time to time have to supervise and advise on the appointment of specialist contractors to carry out tasks for which the client’s staff is not specifically qualified to carry out. Contractor vetting will be completed on a twelve monthly basis plus regular document audits on that will include:
- Company Registration and Insurances
- Accident, Incidents and Enforcement Records
- Personal qualifications of those intended to complete the tasks on our behalf
- Certification/Calibration and Planned Maintenance of all relevant work equipment.
- Works permit arrangements for all high-risk activities.
- Work timetable management,
- Risk Assessments and Methods of Work.
- Compliance to Clients policies, procedures and processes.
All appointed contractors performance will be monitored. Any contractor found to be falling below acceptable standards will be subject to a Three Strikes and You’re Out Policy.
Risk Management & Controls
All activities carried for and by My Gym ’s clients will be subject to a risk management programme that reflects the risks identified and the controls required to negate the effects of the risk. Such a risk management programme will include as a minimum:
- Activity Risk Assessments designed to identify risks that may occur during the activity, and their probable causes.
- Permit to work arrangements when working in or near high risk activities
- Fire Risk Assessment [during maintenance operations only] when hot works are involved or sources of heat are used, or for those locations where the public may be affected.
- Generic method statements for general play equipment inspections.
- Specific activity method statements devised for all high risk tasks and for tasks not usually completed by the Client. They will be communicated to all employees and contractors before the project or activity commences.
- Regular team briefings and refresher briefings with all the relevant Clients and contractors’ staff who work to My Gym procedures and controls. These briefings will be delivered as part of a planned programme throughout the company so as to ensure continuity of subject and standards.
Environmental Policy & Practice
RokCore makes the following commitments regarding Environmental Management:
- RokCore commits himself to contributing towards a long-term consideration of environmental issues. The environmental work is to be directed towards measurable long terms goals within all sectors of the company.
- RokCore shall continuously clarify and eliminate environmental problems from within his company.
- All Clients shall be supported, encouraged and educated to participate and actively take part in environmental work.
The environmental aims of the work completed by RokCore will in practice be conducted through:
- Product development, aimed at ecologically adapted products.
- Production methods developed to minimise environmental effect.
- Distribution and packaging actively supporting use of minimal resources.
- Minimal environmental effect of RokCore products during their lifetime and the ability to recycle old products.
- Further development of waste sorting and recycling.
- Environmental consideration in use of Office resources.
RokCore shall evaluate the environmental work carried out through established audit procedures
Equal Opportunities Policy
RokCore operates a full Equal Opportunities Policy and is committed to:
- Promoting equality of opportunity for all persons
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment in which all persons are treated with respect
- Preventing occurrences of unlawful direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Fulfilling all our legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated codes of practice
- Complying with our own equal opportunities policy and associated policies
- Taking lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate, regarding all breaches of equal opportunities policy as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
Data Protection & Confidentiality Policy
RokCore needs to collect and use certain types of information about citizens and other individuals who come into contact with the Company. This personal information must be dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper, in a computer, or recorded on other material - and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998. RokCore regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important and therefore ensures that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly.
To this end, RokCore fully endorses and adheres to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Specifically, the Principles require that personal information
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met,
- Shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes,
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes,
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act,
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data,
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
RokCore will apply, through appropriate management, strict application of criteria and controls. He will also:
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
- Meet his legal obligations to specify the purposes, for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements,
- Ensure the quality of information used,
- Apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held,
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. (These include: the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, the right of access to one’s personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information),
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards,
- Treat people justly and fairly whatever their age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity when dealing with requests for information
- Set out clear procedures for responding to requests for information.
In addition, he will ensure that:
- Everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice
- Everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately trained to do so,
- Everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately supervised
- Queries about handling personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with
- Methods of handling personal information are clearly described
- A regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is held, managed and used,
- Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated
- Performance with handling personal information is regularly assessed and evaluated,
- A breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy by a member of staff may lead to disciplinary action being taken
- A breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy by a Member is a potential breach of the Code of Conduct.
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Protection Act 1998.